Tourism Abbotsford COVID-19 Advisory
April 23, 2021
We want to welcome you as soon as we can. Due to travel restrictions in B.C. effective April 23, 2021, people are not allowed to travel outside of their regional zone until May 25, 2021. To learn more about British Columbia’s travel restrictions, essential travel inclusions, and identify which health area you currently reside click here.
Here’s what we’re doing to protect you when you come to Abbotsford:
- All accommodators, restaurants, shops, and stores are implementing provincially approved guidelines for cleaning and physical distancing to keep staff and patrons safe.
- All activity providers have created additional safety measures as well as implemented provincially approved guidelines for cleaning and physical distancing to keep staff and visitors safe.
- Due to limited space and modified group sizes, please call ahead to activity providers to see if there are additional items you are required to bring in advance of your trip.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do to help keep our locals and staff safe:
- If you or anyone in your travelling group has been sick in the previous week or have flu like symptoms, PLEASE RESCHEDULE your trip.
- When stopping at gas stations, grocery stores, and liquor stores, please consider sending only one person from your group into the store at a time.
- Book your activities in advance.
- Bring your own personal protective equipment with you if you can (hand sanitizer and mask)
- Make a reservation at our restaurants, or consider opting for take out to eat outside.
- Please help keep our first responders safe by adhering to safety protocols while on local trails. More information can be found here
- Respect 2m physical distancing recommendations when in a public space.
Circle Farm Tour and Other Attractions
- While many of our agriculture experiences and attractions have reopened, we recommend calling ahead to be sure of their hours and current operations.
- Many activities, such as u-pick for berries, require booking in advance. This is to ensure minimal wait times and to provide the safest experience possible.
- Please respect the wishes of any business requesting that patrons wear a mask while visiting, we are all trying to protect each other!
- Hotels and resorts are included in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and all Abbotsford hotels have resumed operations with guidelines in place.
- Check with your accommodation provider for information on their cancellation policy.
- Click here for more information on accommodation reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
Restaurants, Cafés, Wineries and Breweries
- As of Monday, March 29th restaurants in BC are closed to dine in service until at least April 19th, 2021. Restaurants and breweries are still permitted to serve patrons on patios, as well as offering take out and delivery options.
- Please call ahead to the restaurant to find out their current operations, hours, and reservation requirements.
- Please remember if you are dining on a patio that you must be in a group with your same household/bubble, and no more than 6 people per group.
- Click here for more information on restaurant reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
- All Abbotsford retail businesses have reopened for in store shopping with reduced capacity and new cleaning guidelines.
- Many stores are still offering curbside pick up options, please phone your favourite shop to find out more about their current operations.
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces in BC.
- Click here for more information on retail reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
Arts and Cultural Facilities
- Some of our museums, galleries and heritage sites have started to reopen.
- They will be operating with a limited capacity and in some cases it is recommended to call ahead and schedule a visit.
- When visiting please remember to adhere to social distancing guidelines and stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Click here for more information on arts and cultural facilities reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
- All large events in Abbotsford have been cancelled pending further guidance from PHO’s.
- However, many of our local partners have been creative in coming up with new ways to host events in a safe way.
- Keep up to date on virtual and in person events by checking out our events calendar at tourismabbotsford.ca/events
Our Visitor Centre kiosk in the Abbotsford International Airport is now open Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm for in person assistance. We are still available to answer your questions by phone at 604.859.1721, on our chat tool found on our website here, or by connecting with us on social media. These channels aren’t monitored 24 hours a day, but we will respond in a timely manner.
We encourage you to visit the Public Health Authority of Canada’s (PHAC) website for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the COVID-19 situation.
Destination BC has created a one stop shop of information on government response plans and packages for workers and businesses, travel advisories, airport screening measures, and tips for visitors seeking medical attention: https://www.destinationbc.ca/news/coronavirus-update/