Tourism Abbotsford COVID-19 Advisory
June 24, 2020
Last updated: June 24, 2020
Over the coming weeks and months, as restrictions of travel begin to ease during this active pandemic, the Fraser Valley is preparing to find the balance of welcoming visitors back to the area while keeping our communities safe. Abbotsford provides wide open spaces, a deep reconnection to nature and the ability to feel a sense of calm during this uncertain time. We’ve been expecting you!
We want the summer to be enjoyable for everyone, respecting the health guidelines by the province as well as physical distancing while on our trails, and in our shops and restaurants. We know you want to help keep Abbotsford and the Valley safe and we want you to know that our community is doing everything possible to keep you safe as well. Let’s work together to protect eachother!
Here’s what we’re doing to protect you when you come to Abbotsford:
- All accommodators, restaurants, shops, and stores are implementing provincially approved guidelines for cleaning and physical distancing to keep staff and patrons safe.
- All activity providers have created additional safety measures as well as implemented provincially approved guidelines for cleaning and physical distancing to keep staff and visitors safe.
- Due to limited space and modified group sizes, please call ahead to activity providers to see if there are additional items you are required to bring in advance of your trip.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do to help keep our locals and staff safe:
- If you or anyone in your travelling group has been sick in the previous week or have flu like symptoms, PLEASE RESCHEDULE your trip.
- When stopping at gas stations, grocery stores, and liquor stores, please consider sending only one person from your group into the store at a time.
- Book your activities in advance.
- Bring your own personal protective equipment with you if you can (hand sanitizer and mask)
- Make a reservation at our restaurants, or consider opting for take out to eat outside.
- Please help keep our first responders safe by adhering to safety protocols while on local trails. More information can be found here
- Respect 2m physical distancing recommendations when in a public space.
Circle Farm Tour and Other Attractions
- While many of our agriculture experiences and attractions have reopened, we recommend calling ahead to be sure of their hours and current operations.
- Many activities, such as u-pick for berries, require booking in advance. This is to ensure minimal wait times and to provide the safest experience possible.
- Please respect the wishes of any business requesting that patrons wear a mask while visiting, we are all trying to protect each other!
- Hotels and resorts are included in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and all Abbotsford hotels have resumed operations with guidelines in place.
- Check with your accommodation provider for information on their cancellation policy.
- Click here for more information on accommodation reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
Restaurants, Cafés, Wineries and Breweries
- Most restaurants in Abbotsford have reopened for dine in service, although some are still only offering take out or delivery options.
- Please call ahead to the restaurant to find out their current operations, hours, and reservation requirements.
- Please remember that groups of more than 6 people are not permitted to sit together in restaurants.
- Click here for more information on restaurant reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
- All Abbotsford retail businesses have reopened for in store shopping with reduced capacity and new cleaning guidelines.
- Many stores are still offering curbside pick up options, please phone your favourite shop to find out more about their current operations.
- Please consider wearing a mask while shopping.
- Click here for more information on retail reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
Arts and Cultural Facilities
- Some of our museums, galleries and heritage sites have started to reopen.
- They will be operating with a limited capacity and in some cases it is recommended to call ahead and schedule a visit.
- When visiting please remember to adhere to social distancing guidelines and stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Click here for more information on arts and cultural facilities reopening guidelines from WorkSafe BC.
- All large events in Abbotsford have been cancelled through the fall.
- However, many of our local partners have been creative in coming up with new ways to host events in a safe way.
- Keep up to date on virtual and in person events by checking out our events calendar at tourismabbotsford.ca/events
Our Visitor Centre on Delair Rd. is currently closed, as well as our visitor services kiosk at the Abbotsford Airport. We encourage you to ask your questions by phone at 604.859.1721, by using our chat tool found on our website here, or by connecting with us on social media. These channels aren’t monitored 24 hours a day, but we will respond in a timely manner.
Many of our local businesses are staying open to serve our community by altering how they service their customers. The City of Abbotsford’s Economic Development team has put together an up-to-date list of these businesses: https://caed.abbotsford.ca/covid-19-business-support/#openbusiness
We encourage you to visit the Public Health Authority of Canada’s (PHAC) website for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the COVID-19 situation.
Destination BC has created a one stop shop of information on government response plans and packages for workers and businesses, travel advisories, airport screening measures, and tips for visitors seeking medical attention: https://www.destinationbc.ca/news/coronavirus-update/
March 14 – Gnarly Barley Brew Festival – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to August 29)
March 14-15 – Health & Wellness Show – Tradex (Moved to October 3-4)
March 21 – Mini Pop Kids Live – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to September 26)
March 27-28 – Creativ Festival – Tradex (Postponed)
March 27-April 4 – The Secret Garden – Abbotsford Arts Centre (Postponed)
March 28 – Gord Bamford – Rednek Music Fest – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to October 22)
April 4 – Butterfly Ball – Abbotsford Hospice Society (Postponed)
April 4 – Iron Assassins Demo Derby – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed)
April 17-19 – BC Classic & Custom Car Show – Tradex (Postponed to October 9-11)
April 18 – Alice Cooper – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed)
April 24 – Jeff Dunham – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to December 2nd)
April 26 – Ron James – Abbotsford Arts Centre (Postponed)
May 1 – ZZ Top – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to April 23, 2021)
May 9 – Nitro Circus – Rotary Stadium (Postponed to 2021)
May 15 – High Valley with Eli Young Band – Abbotsford Centre (Cancelled)
June 4 – Cirque du Soleil – Abbotsford Centre (Cancelled)
June 16 – 90’s Nostalgia – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to September 8)
June 27 – Saints & Sinners Tour – Abbotsford Centre (On Hold)
August 7-9 – Abbotsford International Airshow (Cancelled)
September 10 – Maren Morris – Abbotsford Centre (Postponed to July 30, 2021)